Keeping You Safe & Secure
So much has changed over the last year – and so have we.
Your safety, and that of our teams is, as always, our paramount objective.
To ensure everyone’s safety we’re having to do things a little differently around the hotel these days. In line with government guidance, we have implemented a range of social distancing measures to create a safe and hospitable environment for everyone who passes through our doors. We’ve been awarded the AA’s Covid Confident shield marking our commitment to the safety of our guests and teams.
In a world of ‘new normals’ we believe there’s still a place for a little indulgence and escapism. We’ve reviewed our policies and procedures, completed thorough risk assessments on all aspects of how we operate and our teams have been trained to deliver safe hospitality that feels as warm and welcoming as always.
If you would like more information on our safety procedures please feel free to ask.
We politely request that if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 that you call us to postpone your stay.
We’re following government guidelines and have completed necessary risk assessments on all aspects of how we operate. Our teams have been trained to deliver safe hospitality and we’ve completed AA Covid Confident certification to validate our policies. Due to the developing nature of the situation and the guidance issued, we are continually updating and reviewing our policies so information you receive at the time of booking may be out of date by the time you stay at the hotel.
Every member of staff has been trained in new health and hygiene procedures. We’ve implemented new policies in the workplace and guest-facing members of staff have been supplied with the necessary PPE to include face masks and gloves. In addition, we’re in touch with our key suppliers to ensure that their practices also adhere to our high standards on health and hygiene.
What this will look like:
Before you arrive
- Our Reservations team will be in contact prior to your arrival to discuss your stay and ensure we have the necessary information to make check-in as straight forward as possible, thereby minimising unnecessary contact on arrival. If you have any special requirements please let us know before you arrive so we can make the necessary preparations with everybody’s safety in mind.
- Your booking will be flexible up until 48 hours prior to arrival, when full pre-payment will be taken for direct bookings. This will make check-out much quicker and easier too.
We’ve updated our check-in and check-out procedures to promote social distancing and minimise contact with staff and other guests.
- For everyone’s peace of mind, all guests are requested to check their temperature before leaving home. We ask that anyone recording a temperature of 38 degrees or above remains at home and postpones their visit please.
- Perspex partition screens are in place at Reception and check-in staff will be wearing protective gloves. The furniture in the hotel lobby has been rearranged and marked out to allow social distancing for people using this area, though a separate waiting area is in use during times when check-in is a little busier. We politely ask guests to wait here before being called to check-in.
- Regrettably, in line with a reduced-contact experience, we will not be routinely assisting with guest’s luggage or showing guests to their rooms.
- Please note that as of Monday 14th September, the wearing of face coverings in communal areas of all hospitality premises will be compulsory in Scotland.
During your stay
- It is now mandatory to wear a face covering in all public areas of the hotel unless seated at a table to eat or drink.
- Where possible, one-way systems are in place around the hotel, as well as signage and floor markings to remind our guests and our teams to maintain a two-metre distance when moving around the hotel.
- We’ve scaled up our already robust housekeeping operations throughout the hotel and will be regimentally disinfecting all surfaces to prevent the spread of pathogens. You’ll be seeing a lot more of our vigilant housekeeping teams who will be deep cleaning the hotel common areas regularly throughout each day.
- We’ve installed automatic hand sanitisers at stations throughout the hotel and we politely ask that you use the hand sanitiser each time you enter the hotel and upon entering dining areas. Guests are also reminded to wash their hands regularly.
- Where possible, guests who are staying at the hotel are requested to use the bathroom in their hotel bedroom to reduce contact with other people using the toilets in the common areas.
- Every guest bedroom and bathroom will be fully sanitised and sealed before each new guest’s arrival. All bed linen, towels and robes are professionally cleaned on a high heat.
- To prevent contamination, our Housekeeping teams will not be servicing guest bedrooms mid-stay or providing a turn-down service.
- All in-room consumables, including toiletries, tea and coffee trays and slippers will be replaced before each stay.
Dining at the Hotel
- We are lucky to have lots of outside space at the hotel and, while the weather permits, you’ll have the option to dine outdoors in the fresh air, should you wish.
- We’ve made some changes to our dining rooms to allow a clear two-metre gap between each table. To maintain social distancing, we will not be offering drinks at the bar but will be offering a full table service – or room service if you prefer. We’ll request that guests book a time slot for their menu to help spread the flow of diners.
- Breakfast will be served at your table (or to your room if you prefer) and we won’t be offering a buffet service. We will be asking guests to pre-order their breakfast the evening prior so that we can have breakfast delivered to your table at an agreed time.
- Our menus have been pared down to allow us to operate our kitchens with fewer members of staff and adhere to social distancing within our teams. Rest assured; we’ve not lost the classic dishes that we know you love nor the quality that we’re renowned for. You’ll still enjoy food that is beautifully presented, generous in size and of high quality, reflecting the best of regional produce. In addition, we’ll be taking pre-orders so that we can sterilise your specific table and all necessary tableware ready for your meal.
- To minimise the spread of infection, we’ve removed our linen napkins in favour of disposable alternatives. In addition, we’ll be making our menus available electronically to minimise the use of paper.
- Our Spa is open for Spa treatments from 10.00am to 6.30pm and the hydro pool & facilities are open to hotel residents on a pre-booked basis. Guests will be limited to a pre-booked time slots of 1 hour and 30 minutes. Timings will be strictly adhered to so that we may comply with social distancing requirements and all guests have a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Cleaning protocols within a Spa environment are already some of the most stringent around but we’re going the extra mile. Our Spa team has obtained additional Covid-19 training and certificates in sanitation and we have implemented further disinfection controls to ensure we comply fully with government and industry requirements. We’ll be allowing more time between treatments to ensure all rooms and equipment are thoroughly sanitised between clients, we’ve installed hand sanitiser stations in the Spa reception and will be practicing social distancing where practical.
- Our team will be in contact with guests prior to their arrival to discuss treatment/s and ensure we have the necessary information ahead of each appointment to make arrival to the Spa as straight forward as possible. Guests will be asked to self-certify that they do not have any symptoms of Covid-19.
- All Spa therapists will be wearing full PPE (mask) and uniforms will be sprayed with sanitiser prior to every treatment.
- Guests are requested to wear a face mask to their Spa treatment rooms and these can be purchased from the Hotel Reception at a cost of £1 per mask. Hotel residents are required to change into swimwear in their hotel bedroom and arrive at the Spa 10 minutes prior to their appointment to minimise the number of people using the Spa changing areas.
- Upon arrival guests will be asked to complete an additional Covid-19 questionnaire and safety sheet which will be held for a period of 21 days in line with our Track & Trace obligations.
- Please note that we are only able to accept debit and credit cards for the foreseeable future to avoid the increased risks of handling cash. Credit card machines and other shared devices will be regularly sanitised.
- An emailed room bill will be available for you on the morning of check-out, or alternatively we are able to print you a copy of your bill if you prefer. If you booked directly with us, we’ll have these details, otherwise guests will need to supply us with an email address.
- Guests will simply need to deposit their room key in the designated box at Reception, since we can automatically take payment for your stay using the debit or credit card details which we hold on file.